Wm Lewis & Son Silver Mounted Violin Bow
Wm. Lewis & Son Silver Violin Bow
Chicago-based firm, formerly one of the largest violin houses in the USA. Founded in 1874 by William Lewis (1835-1902) with partners Newell and Gibbs, and originally named Lewis, Newell & Gibbs, before being renamed the Chicago Music Company. The name was changed to William Lewis & Son when Frederick Lewis joined the firm. Bows were branded “Wm. Lewis & Son”.
Silver mounted, octagonal stick stamped ,Wm. Lewis & Son ebony frog with Paris eye
Weight 63.4 g
Wm. Lewis & Son